BC Festival 2019 Colours
Royal Blue, White & Navy Blue
BC Festival 2019 volunteer terms & conditions
SIGN UP – All Volunteers must fill out an Application Form. This form includes a Waiver that must be signed before submitting. Online applicants will be provided these Terms and Conditions when they arrive for the orientation meeting. Applicants may be subject to criminal record check.
* In applying to BC Festival 2019, you understand that additional information may be required before placement in some activities.
* As a volunteer, you agree to be assigned where needed, will make yourself available for shifts as required, and fulfill the obligations to BC Festival 2019.
* It is your responsibility to know when your shifts are scheduled. I will contact the Volunteer Coordinator or check the website for schedules.
* A commitment of 16 hours minimum is requested, with 4 hours dedicated to festival set-up or tear down. Remaining 12 hours are split up into one 4-hour shift on any three days of the Festival; preferably a morning, an afternoon and an evening.
* You must attend one volunteer orientation meeting, date and time to be determined, to participate in the Festival.
* All volunteers will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. We will make every effort to fulfill assignment requests. Send in your form before June 10th to confirm your application. After June 10th, volunteers will be assigned where necessary.
* Youth Volunteers (14 to 17) must have parental consent. If you are volunteering as a youth group, a responsible adult supervisor must always be onsite. Youth Volunteers (with parental consent) who are not part of a group, will be assigned to an adult supervisor. Youth under 16 will not be assigned to a position requiring the handling of cash.
* Supervisors and security volunteers must provide a criminal records check.
* Handlers of food must have completed a FOODSAFE course.
VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT:
* As a volunteer you shall treat other volunteers, leaders, staff, and the public with courtesy and respect. If a conflict arises, resolution should be deferred to your crew Head Supervisor or the Volunteer Coordinator.
* Volunteers must arrive on shift sober and there shall be no use/consumption of alcohol or any controlled substances by any volunteer who is on duty on the Festival site. Abuse of this will result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer(s) from the Festival.
* There shall be no use/consumption of illegal substances by any volunteer on the Festival site. Abuse of this will result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer(s) from the Festival.
* Supervisors must set a positive example for other volunteers and be prepared to respond to greater expectations, take on greater responsibility, and follow through on commitments.
* As a volunteer you shall not use any property belonging to the Festival for your own advantage.
* All volunteers must be honest and trustworthy.
* Remember that as a volunteer you are the face of BC Festival 2019 and that it’s important that we represent it in a positive way.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Volunteers and parents of volunteers agreeing to participate in volunteer activities must recognize and appreciate that there are always inherent risks of injury associated with any volunteer activities. Such risks will vary depending upon the nature of the volunteer activity and the physical condition of the volunteer.
Please recognize that BC Festival 2019 does not carry medical/accident insurance for injuries sustained in its volunteer programs. It should be further recognized that the absence of medical/accident insurance does not make BC Festival 2019 responsible for the payment or reimbursement of medical expenses. Therefore, each person participating in volunteer activities, and/or their children, does so at their own risk and is solely responsible for any injuries or medical costs incurred as a result of volunteer activities.
WAIVER & RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS: Please read this form carefully and be aware that agreeing to your participation in volunteer activities or the participation of a family member, you will be waiving and releasing any and all claims for damages or injuries that you or your minor child/ward might sustain arising out of or in connection with the volunteer activities.
As a participant or parent/guardian of the participant in the volunteer activities, I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury, and I agree to assume the full risk of any injuries, damages, or loss which I or my minor child/ward may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with or associated with the volunteer activities.
I agree to waive and relinquish any and all claims that I or my minor child/ward may have against the City of Salmon Arm, Shuswap Recreation Society, BC Square & Round Dance Federation and BC Festival 2019, their officers, officials, landlords, sponsors, volunteers, agents and employees as a result of and in connection with participating in the volunteer activities.
I do hereby fully release and discharge the City of Salmon Arm, Shuswap Recreation Society, BC Square & Round Dance Federation, and BC Festival 2019, their officers, officials, landlords, sponsors, volunteers, agents and employees from any and all claims from injuries, damage, or loss which I or my minor child/ward may have or which may assure to me or my minor child/ward on account of participation in the volunteer activities.
I further agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the City of Salmon Arm, Shuswap Recreation Society, BC Square & Round Dance Federation, and BC Festival 2019, their officers, officials, landlords, sponsors, volunteers, agents and employees from any and all claims resulting from injuries, damages, and losses sustained by me or my minor child/ward, or arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the activities of the volunteer activities.
In the event of any emergency, I authorize BC Festival 2019 to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for me or my child’s/ward’s immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
I grant and convey to the event organizers all rights, titles, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, audio in connection with my providing volunteer services for BC Festival 2019.
UNDERSTANDING OF AGREEMENT: I hereby certify that I have read and understand the contents of this document and agree to be bound by its terms.